Android hints and tips for beginners
Smartphones are peculiar creatures with their own nuances, and no two brands are the same. Getting to grips with a new smartphone can cause you frustration, so, with this in mind, here are a few hints and tips for Android users.
Need to become more proficient with your Android.
All Android handsets.
- Airplane/Flight mode
- Access running apps
- Add a shortcut
- Set an mp3 as a ringtone
- Cut, copy, and paste
To enter airplane mode, press and hold the power button for 1 sec and a pop-up comes up with airplane/flight mode.
Access running apps
To access running apps, press and hold the Home button.
Add a Shortcut
There are two ways to do this:
- Press and Hold anywhere on the home screen, a menu will appear. Select shortcut and select the program.
- Go to all apps and press and hold the app you want a shortcut for. You will be automatically taken to the home screen.
Set an mp3 as a ringtone
Set audio file/mp3 as ringtone Open the file you want to set as a ringtone in the media player – click the menu – set as ringtone.
Cut, Copy and Paste
- In any text field – long press.
- Edit text will appear.
- Cut all and Copy all will be among the options.
- If you have something on the clipboard Paste will be an option.
And that concludes our list of handy dandy Android usability tips. By now you should be much better acquainted with your handset and will find navigating it to be much more intuitive and user friendly.
If you need any more help or advice with the inner workings of your Android handset, or any other smartphone for that matter, then our Protect & Detect support service will be just what you need. For only £2.99 a month you get 24/7 support from our expert Agents, whenever your apps are acting out or your touchscreen is being troublesome.