Updating software on your phone
To get the most from your phone, it's a good idea to update its software every now and again. Also, you may think your phone is broken and in need of a repair when a simple software update will do the trick.
Why do I need to update my software?
Software updates for your phone are free and have some great benefits, including:
- Great new features
- Updated applications
- Better performance
- Fixing known software problems
Updating your software is easy!
- Backup any files stored on your phone. Updating the software may delete your saved data, including saved contacts and pictures
- Choose your manufacturer from the list below and download the latest software for your phone from their website:
- Don't cancel the update in the middle of the download - this may damage your phone
- New software is being developed all the time. Keep checking for new releases.
If you're confused, don't worry! We can do it for you:
- Bring your phone to any of our Express Repair Centres and we'll update the software for you for free. We aim to fix 80% of phones on the same day
- If there isn't a repair centre near you, drop it off in any Carphone Warehouse store and we'll send it away to have the software updated. Please be aware that it can take up to 14 days for your phone to arrive back in store
Geek Squad Mobile and Mobile Max members
For 24/7 technical support, call the Geek Squad on 0800 049 6190
^Calls to this number are free on some call plans but may be chargeable. For more details please contact your mobile phone network or fixed line provider.